Power of Ten Update
Special Edition: Call for Candidates
The school board and budget vote will take place on May 16. Strong East Ramapo will be working hard to get the vote out to pass the budget. Power of Ten will work to identify and assist candidates for the school board positions.
There are certainly many people in East Ramapo who are qualified to serve on the board.
The Center for Public Education says an effective school board member should:
- inspire parents and other stakeholders to have confidence in the local public schools
- enhance the mix of skills and backgrounds on the board and help represent the diversity of the community
- have the commitment to do what is right for all children, even in the face of opposition
Does this sound like someone you know? Or maybe you might be interested yourself?
Those interested in being a candidate should fill in this google form.
Two upcoming events:
1) Strong East Ramapo will hold a Volunteer Kickoff event this Thursday, February 2, at Finkelstein Library at 7 p.m. They need YOUR HELP to get out the vote for this year’s CRITICAL school budget vote on May 16. Please let them know you are going by RSVPing here: www.strongeastramapo.org/action
2) Power of Ten will be helping to introduce those interested in running for school board to the community at a forum on Thursday February 16 at 7:00 PM at the Martin Luther King Center, 110 Bethune Blvd in Spring Valley. The purpose of the forum is to discuss the issues concerning the quality education in our district, and to give those who would like to run for school board in 2016 an opportunity to present themselves to the community.