Power of Ten Update
In this Issue:
1. Speakers at Rally Demand Supt. Klein Resign over Offensive Remarks
2. Justice Walker in Spring Valley Friday
3. General Election Candidates’ Forum Oct 15
1) Speakers at Rally Demand Supt. Klein Resign over Offensive Remarks
As the days and weeks have passed since Supt. Klein’s offensive remarks at an August board meeting, the unanswered calls for an apology have turned into a demand for his resignation. Adding insult to injury, Klein claims that the video was not a true representation of his words. Each missed opportunity for an apology is another offense to our students. The board fails to hold him accountable, just as they failed to hold Chris Kirby or Al D’Agostino accountable. It is because of the terrible power wielded by the bloc vote that elected officials can condone such offensive behavior.
The Journal News: East Ramapo protesters: ‘It’s discrimination’
2) Justice Walker in Spring Valley Friday
NYS Supreme Court Justice, Hon. Sam Walker will be the guest speaker at this Friday’s JAMCCAR meeting. The topic will be “Law Enforcement and Us: Ferguson and Beyond” – October 10 at 7:30 p.m. at the Louis Kurtz Civic Center, 9 North Main Street, Spring Valley, New York
3) General Election Candidates’ Forum – next Wednesday, October 15 at 6:30 p.m.
Hosted by Spring Valley NAACP, Nyack NAACP and JAMCCAR.
Louis Kurtz Civic Center, 9 North Main Street, Spring Valley, New York
United States House of Representatives 17th District
New York State Senate 38th District
New York State Assembly 96th, 97th, and 98th Districts
Legislator 5th District
Town of Ramapo, Town Justice
Village of Spring Valley Trustee
Village of Nyack Trustee
County Court Judge