Power of Ten Update
In This Issue:
1. Board Will Punish Children for Parents Asserting Their Rights
2. Power of Ten Publisher Featured in Podcast
3. Abidjan Principles Video Series
4. School Board Election Deadline is February 2
1) Board Will Punish Children for Parents Asserting Their Rights
As reported in The Rockland County Times, the East Ramapo school board has announced that their unethical appropriation of education funds will result in program cuts. At the time that they decided to embark on this ill-advised venture, they chose to take actions that they knew would harm children. Now that they have lost in court, they are attempting to shift the blame to the victims of the school board’s illegal schemes.
2) Power of Ten Publisher Featured in Podcast
The UnEducated Podcast is a production of Young Advocates for Fair Education. Listen in to hear a little interesting background from Power of Ten publisher, Steven White.
3) Abidjan Principles Video Series
The Abidjan Principles is the international reference text on the right to education. They compile and interpret existing human rights law and standards to provide guidance on the State’s obligation to: provide free, public education of the highest attainable quality; regulate private involvement; and fund quality public education, in particular in the context of the rapid expansion of private sector involvement in education.
Power of Ten is featuring new videos by The Abidjan Principles group on our homepage.
4) School Board Election Deadline is February 2
If you are a voter in East Ramapo, you should have already received your ballot in the mail. If you have not, please call the district clerk at 845-577-6015.
The deadline to return your ballot is February 2. Information on our candidates is available here.