Power of Ten Update
In this Issue:
East Ramapo Parents: 5 on School Board Must Go!
Petition Deadline is Midnight Monday!
What YOU can do to be part of the action!
1) “Advocates for Justice” file appeal to remove 5 board members
The New York-based public interest law firmAdvocates for Justice, on behalf of 14 East Ramapo parents and community members, said it is calling for the removal of five board members and the appointment of a an overseer to remedy rampant abuses of office within the ERCSD School Board, and prevent future abuses. The release of the52-page documentthat accuses the East Ramapo school board of:
- A pattern of fraud in the sale of school property
- Willful noncompliance with Special Education Rules causing loss of funds
- Unlawfully using state money to purchase religious textbooks
- Dangerously compromising the security of students
- Failure to provide oversight and guidelines for purchases … a breach of fiduciary dutyThis major development has been covered in The New York Times and The Journal News, and featured with Art McFarland on Channel 7 Eyewitness NewsYOU can join in this action and be part of the solution! To sign on, contact Stephanie Torre at firstname.lastname@example.org , or (212)285-1400
Governor Cuomo has until August 1 to veto the “special education placement bill”. Only Governor Cuomo can stop this bill from becoming law!!!
The petition started by Power of Ten will be sent on the morning of July 31. Please sign, and urge all your friends and neighbors to sign.
The deadline to sign is midnight of Monday, July 30.
3) What you can do to be part of the action:
Sign the Petition Today, Then please reach out to all your contacts right now! E-mail, Facebook, twitter, or any other way you know.
Call Governor Cuomo at 518-474-8390. Get all the talking points and see who else is calling on the Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/170238753101073/
Join with Advocates for Justice, along with other parents and residents in appealing to the commissioner for change in East Ramapo: contact Stephanie Torre at email@example.com , or (212)285-1400, or through the web form
You can see all the news and info at www.poweroften.us