Advocates for Justice, a New York based public interest law firm, has filed a Federal Civil Rights Lawsuit on behalf of East Ramapo School District parents, students and taxpayers seeking monetary damages from some school board members, district officials and contractors. They allege rampant abuses of office, including:
- A pattern of fraud in the sale of school property
- Willful noncompliance with special education rules
- Unlawfully using state money to purchase religious textbooks
- Dangerously compromising the security of students
- Failure to provide oversight and guidelines for purchases
- Deliberate school segregation
- Unconstitutional gifts of public funds to private schools
As a result, children have been deprived of their right to a sound basic education in violation of the New York State Constitution. They have been denied federally guaranteed equal protection. School board members have breached their fiduciary duty, leading to the loss of programs vital to educational success and damaging the quality of education of the children in the district.
Please Support this action and be part of the solution!
If you have information that could help with the case: Call 212-285-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Help spread the word: print the class action flyer and pass it out wherever you go in East Ramapo.